Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Overwhleming But Positive

This experience has truly been overwhelming in so many different ways.  All the stress and anxiousness that I have felt since October is overwhelming and the continued support from all friends, family and strangers is unbelievably overwhelming.  I am simply amazed at the out pour of support that we are receiving from such wonderful people! 

I have not blogged in a while for a reason.  I am fine, however I wanted to know that for sure before I posted again.  My doctor and I found a lump in my breast a few weeks ago and I was scared to death.  I didn't know what to do and was so stressed by everything else that everything just snowballed!  There were lots of tears and panic and the fear of the unknown.  I took a couple days off of work that I would like to call mental health days.  I needed those days to get some extra rest and do something other than worry but, I was in no condition to work.  I had my first Mammogram and an Ultrasound and the radiologist was in there with me during the Ultrasound so he could read it live.  Thank the Lord that it was nothing, we were so relieved.  Again I feel as if everything that I am going through is teaching me something.  Whether I get that all figured out now or later down the road, I am sure it will all make sense someday.

One thing I do know that I have learned from all of this when I was reflecting on myself one day, is that the only way you will ever find happiness is being able to be truly and honestly happy for others.  Read that sentence again.  I may have spoke about this in one of my earlier blogs but, I cannot tell you how important this is.  That doesn't mean be happy for them to their face and then turn and roll your eyes when they walk away.  It really means being happy for others.  I don't know why it happens but, I think it starts when we are little kids.  You are happy with your toys until you see what little Sally has and then you want her toy.  Why can't you have what Sally has?  Now hers becomes better than yours and jealousy starts. 

This journey has taken me to different place in my life.  I have learned to be truly happy for others.  I would not want anyone to have to go through the things that we have been through.  Therefore I am happy for others, not jealous but, happy.  I am so happy that Sally gets to take a wonderful vacation because you know what, she deserves it and deserves to be happy.  I don't get to go on vacation but you know what, I have my health and that makes me happy.  I am very content with where I am in life and that makes me happy.

I am beginning to give back to others.  Whether it be taking some groceries to people or letting people know I care, I am reaching out to others.  It is not much but, I am doing it and trying to make a difference.  We have starting getting things together and organizing a benefit/fundraiser for Livie.  I am becoming an expert in this area.  Please tell people about me so that I can help them too if they need it!  I have absolutely loved planning this and working on getting people together and getting donations that I believe that this is something that I am meant to be doing.

Livie is doing wonderfully.  She is getting so big and weighs 16lbs 10oz.  I keep telling everyone she is getting ready for her surgery just in case she loses a little weight she will still be fine.  She is rolling over and can almost roll from her back to her tummy.  When you do put her on her tummy she tucks her knees up under herself and tries to move forward.  I am not ready for that yet!  We have also started her on cereal and introduced her to green beans the other night.  She liked them which is good!  I still wonder if she gets headaches or has some sort of pain from the Craniosynostosis.  Every once in a while she cries like she is in so much pain.  It makes me nervous.  Her surgery is right around the corner and I will be so thankful when it is all over.

We have decided with the help of friends and family that there will be a benefit/fundraiser for Livie!  This has been an excellent way to keep my mind off the upcoming surgery and to focus on something else for a while.

Saturday, March 12, 2011
Softail Saloon, Superior IA
6pm-8pm will be a bake sale and silent auction
8pm live auction

We have received some wonderful donations for the auction.  We can still use your help!  If you wish to donate an item or two to be auctioned off please email me at, jenniej530@yahoo.com.

Thank you again to everyone for your continued support and we hope to see you on March 12th!

Lots of love, Jennie

2 comments:

  1. You are truly amazing, Jennie!! And I get to work with you every day....I am the lucky one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat's right Jennie--simply amazing. :) I admire your positive attitude in the midst of so much stress and difficulty. You'll lead your family through with grace and strength, and come out better on the other side. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete